N-Gage is a Manchester based Christian charity that gives young people at risk of educational or social exclusion opportunities and skills to achieve their full potential.
Working in partnership with schools, the police and the city council we provide highly successful, flexible and targeted approaches to anti-social behaviour and educational exclusion.
Founded by Christie Spurling, in response to his own experiences of educational exclusion, N-Gage is now staffed by a growing team of passionate staff and youth workers who combine creative skills and a commitment to young people with a range of projects and programmes across Greater Manchester.
At N-Gage we are,
- Young person centered – we put the needs of the young person first in our practice and seek to keep them at the forefront of everything that we do.
- Motivated by our faith and experience to see young people’s lives transformed and society impacted as a result of this.
- Ready to go wherever young people are, focussed on outreach and flexible and innovative ways of identifying and meeting the needs of young people.
- Committed to working with the most difficult to reach particularly those who do not engage with other services.
- Keen to challenge stereotypes of young people and raise their expectations of themselves and their peers.
- Champions of young people – committed to telling good news stories.
- Committed to early intervention in young people’s lives.
- Committed to giving young people a voice to challenge and change their lives, communities and the wider society.
- Advocates of young people, helping them to tackle the root cause of their issues.
- Not for profit, but committed to becoming more sustainable to ensure continuity and growth and consistency of our services. Good stewards of the funding we receive.
- Relational – we value our relationships with young people, out team and our partners highly.
- In pursuit of excellence – we are committed to providing quality youth work that keeps getting better.